Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

DIY Installation




























I love finding vintage tchotchke's on my thrifting adventures. I like to give them new life by assembling them into sculptures.  I had collected quite a few that needed a new home.  When we moved into the new space I had a massive stairwell to fill with something interesting.  I took an old mantel taken out of a house and filled it with the mismatched collection.  I spray painted them all the same color white and arranged them across the mantel in an interesting way.  This concept can be done on a smaller scale in between books on a shelf.  I think it would be great to add one in color to the sea of white.  The possibilities are endless.  These trinkets are inexpensive and easy to come by.  

No comments:

Post a Comment