Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Evolving

 I had to post some pictures of my first studio space in Charlotte at Green Rice Gallery.  They closed their doors this Saturday & are moving to a virtual online gallery.  I remember us designing and building my new corner in the gallery & all the promise the new space held.  It was a wonderful beginning. It is where I started to pursue my art as a full time career.  The memories and lessons I learned at Green Rice are priceless.      
The showroom kitchen took a big turn this weekend.  After a few paint sample tries we found a color scheme that worked.  We are still trying to figure out the lighting fixture to install so for now we are just using work lights.    The kitchen should be 95% before our opening reception on Friday believe it or not.

The Old School show was installed today.  I went into the gallery to have some quiet moments to organize the layout and purpose of the space.  Mister spent the day with cutie so I could stay focused.  It really helped to have that time to make sure the details and extras will play off and enhance the overall theme of the show.  Especially since camp ended Friday and she will be my business partner for the next few weeks. There is still a lot to finalize.  The show has been set and has a really good feel though.  I am excited for the opening this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment