Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Full Circle






I had my first show in Charlotte in 2005 at the Art House.  Jim found me at the Green Market uptown and asked if I would be interested in having my own show.  Of course I jumped at the opportunity!  I look back at the pictures now of my beginning and am glad for the growth and the chance that I was given.
 Jessica Moss came to me telling me that the building operating at that point as the Grin Factory had been seized by the city because of constant flooding and she had no where to have her scheduled show.  I of course had to give her the same chance I had been given six years earlier.  
Jess received her BFA from Carnegie Mellon University and now is the studio manager at Braitman Studio Art School.  Her show, This could be REVISITED: A Silent Collaboration is visually enticing and color pleasing.  Her premise for the show was to take the discarded canvases and pieces of art from the studio where she works and "silently"  collaborate with the artist who first gave the piece life.  She has  added her own story on top & along with those discarded works to create her own beautiful show.
The opening reception will be held Friday, November 4th.  She has two friends who will be performing during the reception  to add even more energy to the space.  She will also have her closing reception on Friday, November 18th.  We would love to have you join us here at Studio K to see these new works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment